FCT to receive 50% of Norwegian 100 billion supplementary budget | Guardian Nigeria News

FCT to receive 50% of Norwegian 100 billion supplementary budget | Headline News



Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister Nyesom Wike said the Ministry of Finance has granted N50 billion to the FCT to fund ongoing capital projects.

According to the minister, the amount is equivalent to 50% of the FCT’s 2023 supplementary budget of N100 billion approved by the National Assembly.

Wike made the announcement on Thursday in Abuja after inspecting several ongoing projects in the FCT.

The minister said he has directed the Permanent Secretary to immediately make payments to contractors working on projects in the FCT.

“I am pleased to announce that the Ministry of Finance has announced 50 percent of the country's supplementary budget.

“This, in a way, gave us the expectation that contractors would be paid at any point in the future.

“We have also received consent to the FCT statutory budget, which gives us hope that no projects will be left unfinished as promised.

“As you can see, these are high-quality projects and we are very happy with them.

“We believe that our contractor arrangements will allow us to commission a project to celebrate the president's first year in office,” he said.

He commended the people of Abuja for their support and assured them that no promise will go unfulfilled, stressing that every promise made will be fulfilled.

He expressed confidence that the project would be implemented on schedule, saying: We are confident that they will keep the scheduled time as agreed.

“We are pleased with what we have seen so far and will continue to work to the satisfaction of Abuja residents and assure them that the New Hope agenda is not just lip service. Masu.”

“So this is a promise and a promise kept.”

Wike acknowledged that there were some challenges in the course of implementing the project, but added that the challenges were surmountable.

He added that with support like President Bola Tinubu, there is no challenge that cannot be overcome.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Wike inspected the Outer Southern Expressway from AA Rano to Wasa district via Deeper Life Junction, SARS and Apo roundabout.

The road is being constructed by China Geotechnical Corporation (CGC) Nigeria Limited.

Mr Wike also toured the northern N-20 motorway in Jahi district, which is being constructed by Gilmore Construction Company, and the Vice Presidential Palace, which is being constructed by Julius Berger.

Mr Yonghon, Area Manager of CGC Nigeria Ltd, assured the minister that the Outer Southern Expressway would be completed by May.

Similarly, Julius Berger Principal Oliver Berger said his team has been on site for the past two months and has done a lot of work on the Vice President Residence project.

“We have done extensive cleaning inside and outside.

“As you can see, there was a lot of infrastructure work done. Earthworks were done around the fence line, sewers and other ditches were done.

“All procurement processes have already begun and from a preparedness perspective we are well placed to bring all planning and procurement activities into action.”

Source: guardian.ng

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *