Delta Government is committed to continuity and sustainable development – ​​Obolewori

Delta Government is committed to continuity and sustainable development – ​​Obolewori


Sheriff Obolewori of Delta State said his administration would ensure the completion of all ongoing projects while also initiating new projects for the sustainable development of the state.

The governor said this on Friday while inspecting the construction of a stormwater drainage channel from Owa Alero and its environs via Owa Arizomor and Owa Ofi to connect the Iyi Ama River in Ika North East Local Government Area of ​​the state. stated. He expressed satisfaction with the quality and pace of work, adding that his administration would not tolerate any abandonment of the project.

“For the past few days, we have been touring the project to inspect it.

“We are taking advantage of the dry season to gauge the number of projects completed.

“We are here to see what they have done because paperwork alone does not tell us the scope of the work.

“I’m very impressed to see what they’ve accomplished,” he said.

Mr Obolewwori said the rain channel would help drain water from Owa Alero to the Iyi Ama River.

“They assured us that the work would be completed within the next four months.

“We are pleased with the work done so far by our contractor, CCECC.

“What is happening here is the same as what is happening in Warri. The other phase of the Warri stormwater drainage project will start soon.
“The only way to address the flooding problem here is to build this stormwater drain, and that’s what we’re doing here.
“About 75 percent of the main work has already been completed. The remaining 25 percent is expected to be completed by April,” Obolewwori said.

According to a report by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the governor was inspected at the project site by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Works, Mr. Fred Edafiogo, and the project consultant, Mr. John Onwuru.

Source: guardian.ng

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *